But why?
Who's using this "tool"?
I know I am...but I'm a traffic engineer. When I first saw street view, I honestly thought Google's target market was me. But there aren't enough transportation professionals out there to justify the massive cost to put Street View all together - and then just give it away for free.
I can think of just a couple of ideas why regular "civilians" would use Google's Street View:
- Real Estate. This one makes the most sense. Moving to a new city or a new neighborhood, Street View can save you lots of time and money by showing you the "curb appeal" of your potential new home.
- Navigation. If you print out directions from google maps, you can get the Street View of all your turns. Adds a new dimension to.....take your 4th right...2nd left...
It gives the googlegeeks some idea of what Outside looks like.So how do you use Street View? Is it a distraction or a useful tool? I'd love to find out...


No comments:
Post a Comment